Thursday, July 7, 2016

Imagine......


What if…..

There was a major catastrophe which made me have to leave the country, and I could only take 3 items with me I would take our important documents (ex. birth certificates, marriage certificates, photo id and social security cards), a zip drive which contains our family photos, and favorite memories and something to use as protection.

Each of these items are important to me. If I would have to move to a foreign country I would want to make sure I had the appropriate documents attached to our identities to prove we are family are to be kept together. I would take our family photos in the hopes of preserving memories for my children. I would also take some form of protection (not a gun) but something that is small and could be used if needed for the purpose of maintaining our safety. Upon arrival if I were told we could only keep one of these things, I would most likely keep our important documents, because my priority would be to keep my family together.

Thinking about the things that are truly important in a time of crisis can certainly put things into perspective. Materialistic things don't matter. To me family is the most important and keeping everyone together would be my primary focus. "Things" come and go, but family is forever.

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this post! We were similar in what items we would choose as well as our reasons for doing so. I was talking to my 14 yr. old daughter about this assignment and her first thought as to what I would take would be, "...me, Jeremey, & Pete, of course!" Good point - I agree family is all that matters, and what a concept to think of the members of my family as serving dual purposes. Sometimes she's more mature than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful items to bring along. You have given me an idea of bringing my hard disk with me. This contains all of the pictures that are so dear to me. Thank you for sharing, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,
    I did not think of bring a zip drive! I chose a tablet to try to save my other two small items on its hard drive. I completely agree that material things do not matter as long as I have my family.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,

    I loved your post, bringing some sort of protection is a great idea. Being in foreign places you want to have some form of security with you so that you are and feel safe. Thanks for sharing I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete