Monday, March 7, 2016

Sharing Web Resources


The name of the organization I have selected is The National Association for the Education of Young Children http://www.naeyc.org/ (NAEYC). NAEYC's mission statement is "to promote high quality learning for all children, birth through age 8 by connecting practice, policy and research. While researching the topic of dual language learners for this week's application assignment, I found this sight particularly helpful. I have found the following position statements to serve as a supportive guide when assessing young children who are dual language learners:

-Screening and Assessment of Young English-Language Learners
 http://naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/ELL_Supplement_Shorter_Version.pdf

-Where we stand on assessing young English language learners
http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/WWSEnglishLanguageLearnersWeb.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Meg, I also selected NAEYC. It is such a great resource for many different topics. I love the publications they make available, "Young Children" and "Teaching Young Children." There are so great articles for parents that can be downloaded and shared with them easily! I look forward to articles you find as well!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    I also chose NAEYC. The website is very informative! There are so many articles and professional development tools. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,
    This is one of my go-to resources to keep myself updated with the current early childhood issues and trends. I am excited to know what you may have learnt from it. Thank you.
    Pushpa

    ReplyDelete