Thursday, September 10, 2015

This is my most favorite children's book. It was written by my Mother-in-law and published in 2011. The book  is about my daughter's journey through grief after her dad died. As a family we found that most children's books about loss and grief were geared toward much older children. Sydney was just 17 months old (and my son was just one week old) so my Mother-in-law put into words and pictures a simplified version of what loss and grief feels like along with our family's story of hope and healing. We have since been able to share this book with a number of families whose children have experienced deep loss. My children read their copy of this book frequently and have signed and donated a copy of it to their school library along with our local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment