Friday, September 18, 2015

My Personal Childhood Web



People who have nurtured and cared about me during my early years include my mother, father, older brother and grandmother. My mother always encouraged me to be independent, to reach for my goals, follow my dreams and believe in myself. She offered support, but also let me learn from my mistakes. My father instilled in me the knowledge of finances, hard work and perseverance. He was definitely hard on me at times and always looked to identify areas I could improve on. He helped me to learn to "work hard for the things that you want and take care of the things that you have". My brother and I frequently did not get along (although now as adults we have a good relationship).  He taught me about compromise and turning the other cheek. He also pushed me to be better in sports. My mother's mother, my Nana, was the Matriarch of our family. She instilled in me a steadfast faith and strength that has seen me through many difficult times.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Megan!! You had a very strong family support system. Your mother and father worked with you throughout life so that you would become a very strong independent, financially stable women. I know your brothers gave you trouble growing up. After all there is nothing like having not one but two brothers growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    It seems that a lot of us have grandmother's that instill in us faith and belief. I'm so glad that you and your brother have a great relationship as adults, and you were actually able to look at your younger sibling conflicts as growth and stepping stones into the sibling relationship you all have now.

    -Taylor Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Megan your mom seems a lot like my mom and that's a great thing to have. My father was more their in my adult life but my uncles certainly stepped in there. I can appreciate and identify with the strong network you had.

    ReplyDelete